Are you throwing a party or just need some snowman-tastic fun? We’ve got you covered with snowman games for every age, from kiddos to grown-ups!
Get ready for epic party games like “Build-a-Snowman,” “Toilet Paper Snowman,” or indoor and outdoor fun like “Snowman Building Extravaganza.” This roundup of ideas is so loaded that you’ll have a blizzard of game options to choose from.
Let’s dive in and get snowman gaming!
What is a Snowman?
A snowman is a figure made out of compacted snow. Typically, a snowman consists of three stacked snowballs of different sizes, with the largest ball serving as the base, the medium-sized ball as the body, and the smallest ball as the head.
It is often adorned with accessories like a carrot for the nose, coal or stones for the eyes and buttons, sticks for arms, and a hat and scarf for decoration. Snowmen are often built during winter as a recreational activity, and they have become a symbol of the holiday season and winter festivities.
How to Play Indoor Snowman Games
Who says chilly weather has to be a bummer? We’re all about cozying up indoors with some frosty fun! Whether you’re planning a preschool party, an elementary holiday bash, or even a grown-up get-together, we’ve got you covered with some epic indoor game ideas!
Say goodbye to shivering in the cold and hello to some serious indoor party magic!
10 indoor snowman games you can enjoy:
- Snowman Building Contest: Divide into teams and see who can build the tallest snowman using playdough or marshmallows.
- Snowman Pictionary: Draw different parts of a snowman and have others guess what you’re drawing.
- Snowman Freeze Dance: Play some music and dance like a snowman. When the music stops, everyone freezes in their snowman pose.
- Snowman Bowling: Set up a bowling alley with empty water bottles for pins and use a small ball as the snowball.
- Snowman Treasure Hunt: Hide small snowman-themed objects around the house and have a fun scavenger hunt searching for them.
- Snowman Charades: Act out different snowman-related actions or words and have others guess what you’re miming.
- Snowman Toss: Create a target using a cardboard cutout of a snowman and toss snowballs (made of socks) to earn points.
- Snowman Memory Game: Create pairs of cards with different snowman pictures. Flip them over and try to match all the pairs.
- Snowman Tic-Tac-Toe: Use cutouts of snowmen and snowflakes to play a winter-themed version of tic-tac-toe.
- Snowman Word Scramble: Jumble up snowman-related words and challenge each other to unscramble them as quickly as possible.
Preschool Party Games for Winter
Winter is a wonderful time to engage preschoolers in fun and festive party games. Here are some entertaining ideas to make their winter party memorable:
- Snowball Toss: Create small soft “snowballs” using white socks filled with rice or cotton. Set up buckets or hoops at different distances and have the children take turns tossing the snowballs into them.
- Pin the Carrot on the Snowman: Draw a large snowman on a poster board and cut out carrot-shaped pieces from orange construction paper. Blindfold each child, spin them around gently, and have them try to pin the carrot on the snowman’s nose.
- Winter Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of winter-themed items for the children to find around the party area, such as a pinecone, a snowflake decoration, or a pair of mittens. Provide them with small baskets or bags to collect the items.
- Penguin Waddle Race: Have the children pretend to be penguins by waddling like them. Set up a start and finish line and have the children race from one point to the other while waddling like penguins. The first one to reach the finish line wins.
- Freeze Dance: Play festive winter music and have the children dance. Whenever the music stops, they must freeze in their current position. Anyone caught moving is out. Keep playing until only one dancer remains.
- Hot Cocoa Relay: Set up a relay race where the children have to carry a cup of hot cocoa (or pretend hot cocoa) from one point to another, without spilling it. Use plastic cups and have them pass it to their teammates using both hands. The team that finishes the relay first without spilling wins.
Elementary Games for Winter
Here are some fun and educational games for elementary students to enjoy during the winter season:
- Snowball Math: Write a series of math problems on small pieces of paper. Crumple them up to create “snowballs” and place them in a container. Students take turns picking a snowball, solving the math problem, and earning points for correct answers.
- Winter Word Scramble: Create a list of winter-related words and scramble the letters. Have students unscramble the words and write down their answers. You can also turn it into a friendly competition and see who can unscramble the most words in a given time.
- Snowflake Art: Give each student a white piece of paper and scissors. Instruct them to fold the paper into quarters and then cut out intricate snowflake designs. Encourage creativity and provide glitter or colored pencils to decorate the snowflakes afterwards.
- Winter-themed Bingo: Create bingo cards with winter-related words or pictures. Call out the words or show the pictures, and students can mark off the corresponding squares on their bingo cards. The first one to get a line or a full card wins.
- Winter Memory Game: Prepare a deck of cards with matching pairs of winter-themed pictures. Shuffle the cards and lay them face down on a table. Students take turns flipping two cards and trying to find a match. The player with the most matching pairs at the end of the game wins.
Remember to adjust the difficulty level according to the grade level of the students. These games promote learning while keeping the winter spirit alive in the classroom!
Teen Party Games for Winter
Winter is the perfect time to host a fun and exciting party for teenagers. Here are 7 entertaining party games that will keep the teens engaged and entertained during the cold months:
- Snowball Toss: Create targets using buckets or hoops and have the teens take turns throwing snowballs into them. The one who gets the most snowballs in wins!
- Winter Scavenger Hunt: Design a scavenger hunt with winter-themed items like pinecones, icicles, or snowmen. Split the teens into teams and see who can find all the items first.
- Hot Chocolate Relay: Set up a relay race where teens have to fill cups with hot chocolate and pass them down the line without spilling. The team that fills all the cups first wins.
- Snow Angels Photo Contest: Challenge the teens to create the best snow angels and take photos. Let them get creative with poses and expressions. Award prizes for the most unique and creative snow angel.
- Winter Trivia: Prepare a list of winter-themed trivia questions and divide the teens into teams. The team that answers the most questions correctly wins.
- Winter-themed Charades: Write down winter-related words or phrases on index cards and have the teens act them out while their team tries to guess. The team with the most correct guesses wins.
- Ice Skating Dance-Off: If you have access to an ice skating rink, organize a dance-off where the teens can show off their moves on the ice. Award prizes for the best dance routine.
Adult Party Game Ideas
If you’re hosting an adult snowman party and looking for some fun games to entertain your guests, I’ve got you covered!
- Snowman Trivia: Challenge your guests’ knowledge of snowmen with a trivia game. Prepare a list of questions related to snowman history, popular culture references, or general winter facts. You can play this game as a team or individually, depending on the size of your gathering. Award points for correct answers and perhaps consider adding a twist by assigning higher point values to more challenging questions. Engaging in some friendly competition is a fantastic way to keep the party spirits high!
- Snowman Pictionary: Put a frosty twist on the classic game of Pictionary by incorporating snowmen. Divide your guests into teams and provide them with a whiteboard or a large sheet of paper. Each team takes turns choosing a snowman-related word or phrase and drawing it while their teammates attempt to guess. The catch? The drawings must be done without the use of verbal clues! Set a time limit for each turn, and the team with the most correct guesses wins the round. Let your artistic abilities shine and enjoy the laughter and excitement that come with this lively game!
- Pin the Nose on the Snowman: Bring back some nostalgic charm with this winter-themed adaptation of “Pin the Tail on the Donkey.” Create a large snowman cut-out and attach it to a wall. Blindfold one player at a time, spin them around gently, and have them try to place the carrot nose on the snowman’s face. With a mix of laughter, coordination challenges, and a dash of luck, this game is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces. The player who affixes the carrot nose closest to the correct position wins a special prize as a token of their keen sense of direction!
A game of charades adds a playful and interactive element to any gathering. Write down various snowman-related words or phrases on individual pieces of paper and place them in a hat. Players take turns picking a word or phrase and acting it out without uttering a single word.
The rest of the participants must then guess the word or phrase before time runs out. Remember to set a time limit for each round to keep the game flowing smoothly. The player who garners the most correct guesses triumphs as the reigning snowman charades champion!
Now you have a bundle of exciting game ideas to ensure an unforgettable adult snowman party!
Outdoor Snowman Games to Play with the Whole Family
Snowmen are a beloved and timeless symbol of winter, bringing joy to both children and adults alike. They serve as the inspiration for a variety of exciting outdoor snowman games that can be enjoyed by the entire family. Engaging in these activities not only strengthens bonds but also allows everyone to embrace the beauty of the winter season.
Snowman Building Contest
One delightful game idea is a snowman building contest. Dividing into teams, family members can unleash their creativity by constructing unique and imaginative snowmen.
Whether it’s using different materials for accessories or experimenting with unconventional designs, the possibilities are endless. Set a time limit to add an element of challenge and excitement.
Once the time is up, a panel of judges can carefully examine the creations and award points based on creativity, originality, and overall appearance. This friendly competition is sure to bring out the best in everyone, as they work together to create spectacular snowmen.
Another enjoyable game is snowball bowling. Transform the snowy landscape into a makeshift bowling alley by setting up targets made of empty bottles or buckets.
Take turns rolling snowballs towards the targets and aim to knock down as many as possible. This game combines the joy of rolling snowballs with the skill and precision required in bowling, making it a thrilling experience for all participants.
Snowman Scavenger Hunt
For those who enjoy a bit of mystery and exploration, a snowman scavenger hunt can be a great option. Hide small snowman figures or pictures in your yard or a nearby park, and create clues that lead the family members on an exciting search to find them all.
This game encourages teamwork, problem-solving, and outdoor exploration. The person who finds the most snowmen becomes the ultimate snowman detective!
Snowmen Freeze Tag
To add a twist to the classic game of freeze tag, why not try snowman freeze tag? When a player is tagged, they must freeze in place and embody the characteristics of a snowman.
Only by being touched by another player can they be “unfrozen” and resume playing. This game not only adds a fun element to the traditional freeze tag but also allows everyone to embrace their inner snowman while enjoying the winter wonderland.
Snowman Toss Game
For those who enjoy tests of skill and accuracy, a snowman toss game can provide endless entertainment. Draw a large snowman target on the ground and take turns tossing snowballs, aiming to land them as close to the center as possible.
This game encourages friendly competition, as family members strive to improve their aim with each throw. The adrenaline rush of seeing a snowball hit the bullseye will undoubtedly bring smiles and laughter to all involved.
Lastly, snowman races are a spirited activity that combines creativity and physical activity. Mark out a race course in the snow and have family members compete by rolling their own snowballs as they journey along.
The challenge lies not only in speed but also in creating a snowman masterpiece along the way. The first one to complete their snowman and cross the finish line emerges as the victor, basking in the glory of their artistic and athletic achievements.
Snowman Fart Party Games
Are you looking for a fun and quirky party game involving snowmen and farting? I’ve got just the thing for you! Introducing the “Snowman Fart Party Game” – a hilarious and entertaining game that will have everyone laughing.
Here’s how the game works:
- Gather your friends and form a circle around a snowman (either a real one or a snowman cutout).
- Assign each player a number and take turns in a clockwise direction.
- When it’s a player’s turn, they must spin around three times while making silly snowman noises.
- After spinning, the player must bend over and pretend to “fart” by making a funny sound or motion.
- The rest of the group must try to hold back their laughter as best as they can. If someone laughs, they gain a point.
- The player who successfully farts without causing anyone to laugh earns a point.
- Continue playing until everyone has had a turn, or until someone reaches a predetermined point total.
Remember, the key to this game is to be silly and have fun with it! Get creative with your snowman noises and “farts,” and don’t be afraid to embrace your inner child. Enjoy the laughter and friendly competition that the Snowman Fart Party Game brings to your gatherings!
Note: Remember to always be considerate of others’ feelings and make sure everyone is comfortable participating in this lighthearted and humorous game.
Remember, while engaging in these outdoor snowman games, it’s crucial to bundle up warmly to ward off the winter chill. And what better way to cap off the fun-filled day than with a steaming cup of hot chocolate, allowing everyone to savor the warmth and sweetness while reminiscing about the joyful moments shared.
Whether it’s building snowmen with inventive twists, engaging in friendly competitions, or embarking on exciting snow-centric adventures, these outdoor snowman games are bound to create lasting memories for the whole family. So, embrace the winter wonderland, unleash your creativity, and enjoy the delightful moments together!