The perfect way to get in the holiday spirit is to host a Santa Beard Growing Contest this hilarious Santa party game is a hit with teens and adults. This December, we are excited to share with you everything you need to know about this “Ho, Ho, Ho” Christmas party game that you will not want to miss out on playing!
There is something hilarious, funny, and super jolly about it, just like Santa Claus!
Contest to Grow the Best Santa Beard
The youth group Christmas game is easy to learn and quick to play. You can get started right away playing this santa party game.
Big shout-out to the youth leaders in our church who organized an epic Christmas party! This santa party game was a huge hit with all of the teens and adults!
The time is now to get yourself this hilarious fake Santa beard and dye it, add Christmas lights, or even include jingle bells, but be sure to make it festive and fun to dress them up for the holidays!
So let’s ring those jingle bells and get the party started!
How to Play the Santa Claus Game
Two lines need to be marked off so that the player knows where to start and where to finish. After the host yells “Go”, the kids will run to the other side of the room which will have a table full of cotton balls on it.
In one minute, the player will stick as many cotton balls on his or her face as possible to make a Santa beard. Kids will run back to the finish line after the timer ends. Whoever has the most cotton balls on their faces wins the Christmas Minute to Win it Game.
In order to be able to determine the amount of time that you will have to spend playing this funny santa beard game, you will need to take into consideration the size of the group that wants to play this game.
The size of the group will affect the total amount of time that the game will last. If the group is large, it may take longer for everyone to finish the game. On the other hand, if the group is smaller, the game may end more quickly.
#1 – Rules for Playing the Santa Grow Beard Contest
Having learned what the game is, let’s play it.
- To get started, you’ll need at least 2-4 players (or more).
- On the table will be a lot of cotton balls scattered about.
- In order to hand the vaseline to each child, the host will use a new jumbo popsicle stick each time to distribute it to them.
- As soon as each player spreads enough Vaseline onto their face in the shape of a beard, the game will begin.
- After the host yells “Go,” the players will be allowed to run directly to the table and pick up the cotton balls with their faces and without touching them with their hands.
- Add as many cotton balls as you can to your face and keep them on without touching them with your hands.
- After that, the players will have to run back to the finish line.
- The player who has the most cotton balls on their face will win a Christmas prize.
How to Play the Santa Beard Growing Contest Game for Adults
This unique experience lets men create an eye-catching look with their beards.
Here’s how to play:
- First, designate a start date for the contest. This can be any day in December leading up to Christmas.
- Each participant must shave their face completely clean on the start date and take a “before” photo of their bare face.
- From that day forward, participants must grow out their beard until Christmas Day, taking weekly progress photos to document their growth.
- On Christmas Day, everyone gathers together to compare their beards and vote on the best one. The winner gets bragging rights and a prize, such as a gift card or a holiday-themed trophy.
- Bonus points can be awarded for creativity, such as incorporating holiday decorations or dying the beard festive colors.
Remember to have fun and enjoy the holiday spirit while playing the Santa Beard Growing Contest Game!
Santa Claus Party Game Activity 2.0
Alternatively, teams can be formed for the second round to make it more interesting. Before the next team member can run, the first team member must run to the finish line.
Just know that Santa may appear at random during the game. As soon as St Nick is spotted, every player must freeze until the host says, “Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer“.
There is nothing we love more than creating Christmas party games during the holiday season. That’s why we are sharing even more fun ideas with you!
Game Ideas for Kids Christmas Party
Here are some fun Christmas party game ideas for kids:
1. Christmas Tree Treasure Hunt
Hide various Christmas-themed items or small gifts around the house or party area. Provide the kids with clues or a treasure map to find the hidden treasures. The child who finds the most items wins a prize.
2. Pin the Nose on Rudolph
Create a large poster of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer without his nose. Blindfold the kids one at a time, spin them around, and have them try to place the nose on Rudolph. The child who gets the closest wins.
3. Santa Says
Similar to Simon Says, have one child play the role of Santa and give instructions for the other kids to follow. For example, Santa might say, “Santa says hop on one foot” or “Santa says touch your nose.” If Santa gives an instruction without saying “Santa says” first, anyone who follows the instruction is out. The last player remaining becomes the new Santa.
4. Ornament Relay Race
Divide the kids into teams and provide each team with a basket of ornaments. Set up a start and finish line. The first player from each team must balance an ornament on a spoon and race to the finish line without dropping it. If the ornament falls, they must start over. The team that finishes first wins.
5. Santa Limbo
Play festive music and have the kids take turns doing the limbo under a Santa Claus-shaped limbo stick. Lower the stick after each round. The child who can limbo the lowest without touching the stick wins.
Remember to adjust the games according to the age and number of children participating. Have a joyful and memorable Santa party!