Get set for a holly jolly good time with the best Christmas games for kids! From the much-loved “How to Play a Game with Christmas Bows” to other festive faves, these games will have you and your loved ones giggling and grinning ear to ear. So, gather ’round the tree or hit the great outdoors and let the holiday magic begin!
Unwrap the Fun: How to Play Games with Christmas Bows
Playing games during the holiday season is always fun, and playing a game with Christmas bows is a great way to get into the festive spirit. Here is a step-by-step guide to show you how to play this game:
- Colorful Bow Set
- A designated playing area
Add Some Jolly to Your Gifts with These Christmas Party Bows – Perfect for Game Night!
A Festive Christmas Race: Bow Edition
Get your team together for a thrilling holiday competition. The aim is to attach as many bows to your team members’ backs as possible before the other team does.
This DIY game is simple to play, but removing the tab from the bow can be challenging, especially for little ones like toddlers. It is recommended to remove the sticky tabs beforehand or apply tape to the back of the bow.
We played this game on Christmas Day in our pajamas in the backyard – parents versus kids – and it quickly became our favorite party game. Suitable for Christmas parties, PTO events, classroom games, or youth group games at church.
#1 – Rules of How to Play a Game with Christmas Bows
Having learned what the game is, let’s play it.
- To get started, you’ll need at least 2-4 players (or more).
- There will be one player with a bag of bows, and the other will have their back turned.
- Next, set the timer for one minute.
- The goal is to add as many bows as possible on the other player’s back before the timer expires.
- A Christmas prize will be awarded to the player with the most bows on the back.
Here’s another fun printable game for you to play – Roll a TREE REX!
TREE REX GAME
Build a Tree Rex body by rolling a dice and adding the corresponding dinosaur piece. Whoever builds their dinosaur first wins!CLICK HERE
How to Play the Bow Toss Party Game
Christmas is a time for celebration and joy, and what better way to celebrate with kids than with some fun Christmas games? Easy minute to win it Christmas games are that are not only entertaining but also help kids get into the festive spirit.
Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or just looking for activities to entertain children during the Christmas season, the bow tossing party game will be a hit!
- Gift bows
In this party activity, you will compete against your opponent to see how many Christmas bows you can toss and stick to the tape in one minute.
- Divide the kids into teams and provide each player with an equal amount of holiday bows.
- In order to toss the bows, each contestant must stand at the same distance from the tape, for example, preschoolers would stand about 3-5 feet away.
- Every player should toss the Christmas bows one at a time.
- It’s a race to see who can toss the most gift bows and get them to stick to the tape.
- The winner will be declared after each player has had their turn. The game will continue until all the bows are tossed.
There are only two materials you need: this tape and gift bows.
The winner of this fun game will be the player with the most successful tosses in a minute. This year’s winning player will be crowned the winner of the Christmas Bow Toss. Ultimately, the player with the most bows that stick will be declared the winner.
Festive Outdoor Christmas Games for Kids
Take your holiday activities outside with these fun ideas this season.
#3 – Bow Scavenger Hunt
Make it a Christmas scavenger hunt by searching for a gift bow holiday assortment or Christmas party decorations. The bow hunt will be similar to an Easter egg hunt and whoever finds the most bows at the end of the trial will win a prize. A special prize will be given to the kid that finds the gold bow!
- Make sure to set a clear start and end time for the scavenger hunt.
- The Christmas scavenger hunt can be turned into a treasure hunt by giving everyone a recycled bag or stocking to hunt and stuff with Christmas bows and holiday decor.
- The items can be hidden in various places around the neighborhood. As a result, bow hunters will have the opportunity to collect the items and turn them in to win a Christmas prize.
- This can also be done in the backyard or park.
By finding gifts and decorations on tree trunks or other places outdoors, you can create your own holiday scavenger hunt.
#4 – Christmas Tree Game
This Christmas kid party game idea consists of decorating empty boxes with green paper and a star to make a giant tumbling DIY Christmas tree. The players take turns trying to knock down the Christmas tree with balls that resemble ornaments.
Giant Inflatable Christmas Balls
Snag these enormous inflatable Christmas ball ornaments. They are inflatable, so they are large enough for people to grab and toss around, making them suitable for holiday party games. Plus, they are festive and will add to your holiday party atmosphere!CHECK PRICE
- Team up the players or let them play individually, but make sure the starting line is clearly marked.
- Each player will have a set amount of balls (ornaments to use) that are the same for each player. The ornament balls to use for this are these giant inflatable Christmas balls.
- The player who knocks down the tree with the oranments wins. This makes for a fun and festive game that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike.
You might be looking for another craft to make from boxes for your kiddos who have Christmas birthdays. Another fun idea is to make a giant birthday cake for Jesus!
Christmas Games for Kids
The holiday season is just around the corner, and what better way to get into the festive spirit than playing some Christmas-themed games with bows? Here are ten more Christmas games for kids that are sure to bring joy and laughter to your holiday gatherings.
10 Christmas-Themed Game Ideas Using Bows
- Bow and Arrow Christmas Tree: Set up a Christmas tree target and challenge players to hit the ornaments with a bow and arrow. Bow and Arrow Christmas Tree Hunt
- Snowman Bow Race: Divide players into teams and have them race to build a snowman using only a bow and ribbon.
- Gift Wrapping Relay: Have teams compete in a race to wrap presents using bows and ribbons.
- Bow and Arrow Snowball Fight: Instead of throwing snowballs, have players shoot bows and arrows at each other’s targets.
- Reindeer Antler Toss: Set up a target with reindeer antlers and have players toss bows to see who can get the most points.
- Bow and Arrow Candy Cane Hunt: Hide candy canes around the house or yard and have players hunt for them using bows and arrows.
- Christmas Bow Archery: Set up a target with various-sized bows and challenge players to hit the bulls-eye.
- Snowflake Bow Tag: Have players wear bows and try to tag each other by hitting their bows with a bow and arrow.
- Pin the Bow on the Gingerbread Man: Similar to Pin the tail on the Donkey, blindfolded players try to pin a bow on a gingerbread man.
- Bow and Arrow Christmas Carol Karaoke: Players sing Christmas carols while shooting bows and arrows at a target. Each hit earns extra points.
These Christmas-themed games using bows are perfect for adding some extra fun to your holiday celebrations. So grab a bow, some ribbon, and get ready to spread some cheer!
Make a Christmas Tree Game: How to Play
There are many preschool Christmas games for kids that both teachers and parents can use to engage their students and children this holiday season. “Make a Christmas Tree,” for instance, is a fun game for kids between the ages of 4 and 8.
- In this game, children use green and brown Play-Doh to create a Christmas tree and trunk.
- Then, each child will receive a gift bow for the star and buttons resembling ornaments.
- There will be a cool Christmas prize for the child who finishes their tree the fastest.
POP ME: The Christmas Balloon Game
“Pop Me” is a fun Christmas game for older kids and teens.
How to Play:
- For a small group, you’ll need 12 balloons, so it’s like 12 days of Christmas. Each red or green balloon needs to have the word POP ME written on it and a bow attached.
- After that, divide the kids into teams or allow them to hunt for balloons individually.
- It is the teen’s responsibility to locate the balloon and pop it as soon as possible so that the gift bow can be collected.
- After all twelve balloons have been found, whoever has the most bows will win the game and receive a cool holiday prize.
Build a Festive Tree
In a race to build their holiday tree on their desk the fastest, students will build their trees in the quickest time possible.
You’ll need several gift bows (for each kid) and brown construction paper. The brown paper will represent the trunk of the tree. To win this game, you could put a minute on the clock and the fastest player will win.
Hey, have you caught a whiff of this gag gift? It’s a Pull My Finger Farting Santa! Having trouble deciding what to give someone for Christmas? Here it is! 🤣
Pass the Santa Game: How to Play
Santa visits are something every kid or adult wants. That’s why this Christmas eve party game is a hit!
- Start by setting up a circle of players and using a Santa plush.
- Santa will be passed around the circle clockwise as Christmas music is played.
- A small prize will be awarded to the person who holds Santa (gets a visit from him) when the music stops.
The prize can be something small like candy or a candy cane. Everyone will enjoy the anticipation and excitement of waiting to see who will get Santa’s visit. It can be a fun way to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
The Best Candycane Game – Easy to Play
The CUTE factor has me fixated on this kid-friendly Christmas game. This activity requires you to cut out seasonal themes from cardboard and decorate them.
A snowman, candycane, and gingerbread man were among the figures used. To place your feet in the craft (you can find more details with this bigfoot tutorial here), you will need to add tape.
How to Play:
Two players will race across an obstacle course with a starting point and a stopping point. Depending on your preference, you could turn the obstacle course into a winter wonderland or a candyland theme.
In this game, the goal is to walk across the course as quickly as you can and reach the finish line before your opponent.
Winter Themed Game Ideas
Whether you’re looking for a hilarious Winter holiday game to play with your kids or for adults, this one’s a must-try. In conjunction with a Christmas in July party, we even used it.
To make these, you’ll need cardboard for the feet and tons of gift bows. Winner is the player who can keep the most bows on his or her feet while walking the fastest.
Get started planning your Christmas celebration with these fun party ideas. Please enjoy these games or use them as inspiration to create your own holiday activities.
You may also consider having a Secret Santa gift exchange, a white elephant gift exchange, or hosting a Christmas carol event.
In addition, you could also have a Christmas movie marathon or organize a family game night. Finally, you could plan a Christmas-themed craft night or baking competition.
Creating new holiday activities with our family like these is one of our favorite holiday traditions. Small activities such as these can contribute greatly to the creation of lasting holiday memories for the entire family.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!