I can remember as far back as kindergarten when making gingerbread man crafts!
During art, our teacher would have us grab out the brown paper to make a gingerbread house for a Christmas project.
I would show the classmate next to me all of the candy I would draw all over the house. They probably thought I was still in preschool with the excitement I had about drawing candy.
However, I am an adult now and still get just as excited when I see candy, lol.
That’s why making this diy project was a must for all preschoolers, kindergartners, or any kids or adults that are young at heart!
Supplies Needed to make this Gingerbread Craft:
- Poster Board (Check Amazon’s Price!)
- Acrylic Paint Markers (Don’t forget to clip the $2 off coupon here!)
- Duct Tape
How to Craft a Gingerbread man
It’s really easy to make and we will tell you how right now!
- First, cut the gingerbread man design out of cardboard. The bigger you make the cardboard the sillier the gingerbread man craft becomes for your toddlers, preschoolers, or elementary child’s feet.
- Second, using the gingerbreadman cut out, trace around it on the brown poster board making it equal sizes.
- Third, cut out the newly traced gingerbread man.
- Next, glue the brown paper (brown poster board) onto the cardboard.
- After that, feel free to let the kids paint, color, or draw a face on the gingerbread man if you’d like.
- Personally we drew the eyes, mouth, buttons, arms, and legs decor. We also use a pom pom for the nose and felt for the bowtie.
As a matter of fact, here is a picture below for your reference.
It’s pretty cool right?!
After your craft is complete. The last thing you will need to do is add duct tape for your child to easily slip their feet through.
You can choose to use string, sandals (like we choose to use here), or duct tape.
Personally, the duct tape worked great for us. The biggest thing you will want to be sure of is that depending on the age of the child the duct tape will need to be made accordingly. You don’t want it to be too big or too small.
My kiddos love walking around in these silly crafts and gingerbread crafts are so fun to make!
Looking for more gingerbread craft ideas?
Check out some of our favorites!
- A Gingerbread house out of paper bags.
- These cookies look so fun to decorate!
- Make a lifesize Gingerbread house!
- My toddler would love this gigantic activity!
- Get ready to walk around the party with this fun project!
We hope you enjoy the Gingerbread Men tutorial! It’s so easy and fun for kids this holiday season!