It’s almost October and we have a fun spider craft for kids that we can’t wait to show you!
If you are a fan of 8 legged spiders then you’ll love this fun idea.
In fact, just this morning I heard my daughter scream, “Spider!” from the bathroom.
My first thought was oh no, my husband’s not here and that means the spider business is left to me. GREAT! LOL
Of course, after I check out the size of the spider it really made me cringe. Eek!
However, nothing is cringe-worthy about this crafty activity!
Plus, you don’t have to feel bad about squishing this bug!
The supplies you need to make this spider craft.
- Cardboard Tip: No need to buy, using a leftover cardboard box works great!
- Black Poster Board (Check the price on Amazon here!)
- White and Black Construction Paper
- Duct Tape
How to craft a Spider
This spider craft for kids is fun to make! All you need to do is …
- First, cut the spider design out of cardboard. The bigger you make the cardboard the sillier the spider craft becomes on your toddlers, preschoolers, or elementary child’s feet.
- Second, using the cardboard spider body trace it around the black poster board making it equal sizes.
- Third, glue the black paper (black poster board) onto the cardboard.
- After that, you will need to glue the black legs including four on each side of the spider making a total of 8 legs per spider.
- After that, feel free to let the kids paint, color, or draw a face on the spider if you’d like.
You can view our example below!
I think it turned out pretty cool.
A silly craf that you don’t normally see!
After you’ve built your spider craft for kids you will want to add the tape for the kiddos to be able to walk around with their silly spiders on their feet.
You can choose to use string, sandals (like we choose to use here) or duct tape.
Personally, the duct tape worked great for us. The biggest thing you will want to be sure of is that depending on the age of the child the duct tape will need to be made accordingly. You don’t want it to be too big or too small. 🙂
So if you get yourself in a web and need an easy craft for a project, a Halloween party, or a classroom activity. We enjoyed this one and this one too!