How to keep your cat out of the Christmas tree?
Do you own a cat and trying to figure out how to keep it out of the tree?
Every year is it the same struggle? Either the cat climbs up into the tree or knocks the tree over?
We have found some of the best ways that readers have used to help keep their cats out of the Christmas tree.
Hopefully at least one of these ideas will help you too!
How To Keep Your Cat Out of The Christmas Tree
1. Soak ribbons in orange oil (You can find what Orange Oil is here!) you will need to tie them all over the inner and lower branches of the Christmas tree.
2. After you set the Christmas tree up, tie the ribbons, leave it for a day or two. After the cats figure out it’s not something that they really like that’s when you decorate it.
3. Cats hate tin foil if they get curious about the tree put tin foil around the base of the tree.
4. Someone else suggested to keep a water bottle or squirt gun on hand and hiss when they go near it.
5. Fantastic idea! Instead, get this Hanging Christmas Tree ← I never even knew those existed!
Christmas Hacks for Cats
6. Cats don’t like pepper. Use black or red flakes and sprinkle them around or near the Christmas tree.
7. Get Shatterproof ornaments (Find a HUGE selection here!)
8. Put cloves in whole oranges and hang them by the ribbon on your tree
9. Get a skinny tree eliminating the cat to be able to climb into it.
10. Anchor the Christmas tree to the wall to help keep your kitty out of it.
11. Put a Toddler gate around your Christmas tree to keep the cats out of it. (Go here for gate suggestions!)
12. You could put orange peels at the bottom of your tree.
13. Spray this peppermint oil on the tree (you may want to dilute it some) this is the number one idea that has helped many readers keep their cat out of the Christmas tree.
I hope these ideas help and you can enjoy your Christmas tree and decorations mess-free! 🙂
For your convenience, we link to some of our favorite ideas below! Plus, check out the Cat Christmas tree! How cute is that? Kitty Cats everywhere will LOVE it!
If you like what you see please pin our post! 🙂 Thank you!
What Plants to Keep Away from your Pet
Kitties, Cats, puppies, dogs, you name it! These plants are not good for animals of any kind!
During the holiday season you will see these plants and although they are festive and fun!
You will want to keep these plants away from your pets!
- Pine Needles
Furthermore, ensuring holiday pet safety is very important! Just like we have to teach children. Pets need to be taught that there are dangers too!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas so you will want to ensure you Cat-Proof your Christmas tree!