17 Thanksgiving Side Dishes
17 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Are A Must! It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without these side dishes to complete the meal. Gather together with your family and friends around these must-have side dish ideas.
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Relish Tray: Black Olives, Green Olives, Pickles, Banana peppers or Three Beans Salad
↑(This is a must-have for us Northerners) 🙂
Chicken and Dumplings
Spinach Dip and Pumpernickel Bread (My Mom Makes this and Oh, my goodness…. SO GOOD!)
Green Bean Casserole
Holiday Cranberry Sauce
Corn Side Dishes
Pumpkin Pie! ← Did you know you can actually buy this pumpkin pie on Amazon? That’s so crazy! I never knew that!
Extra Thanksgiving Side Dish Ideas From My Family and Friends
After starting this post. I was curious to see what other people make for Thanksgiving and reached out to my Facebook family and friends. I had 9 people respond pretty quickly and would love to add what they have to say to give you some more helpful ideas.
- Megan’s favorite side dishes to have for Thanksgiving is a green bean casserole and homemade stuffing.
- Heather’s must-have side dishes are mashed potatoes and definitely stuffing!
- Shanon’s favorite things to make for Thanksgiving is mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and green bean casserole.
- Dessi says, “Stuffing for sure!”
- Shanon R. says, “Croc pot mac and cheese, squash casserole and the usual green bean casserole and stuffing.”
- Aunt Paulette says, “Corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, and green bean casserole!”
- My Mom says, “Spinach dip and stuffing.” Her spinach dip is AMAZING!!!
- Sarah was very helpful and shared her meal plan with me… Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, green beans with almonds, sweet potato casserole, rolls, gravy, cranberry relish, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cranberry custard pie, cheese ball, and crackers. Yum!
- My friend Erika said, “She still loves my veggie pizza!” That was very sweet. It was from the first Thanksgiving my husband and I ever hosted. The unit was getting ready to deploy to Iraq and we had invited my husband’s team (24 soldiers and their families) over to our small apartment in Germany. We wanted to make it special and cooked a ton of food. My veggie pizza was a hit!
I hope you enjoyed these helpful Thanksgiving side dishes. If you have any to add please feel free to leave them in the comments.