At last, the cute Promposals you’re looking for! In case you have no idea what a “Promposal” is, it is where a high school junior or senior will ask a date to prom but in a very creative and eye-catching or flashy way.
Foremost, It is also something that makes Prom more fun, bigger, better and more incredible than ever!
For example, if Mike was asking Hayli to Prom. Instead of Mike texting Hayli a simple “Will you go to Prom with me?”
Mike will get half of the football team down on the field during a pep rally to surprise Hayli and ask her to prom.
This can be done by Mike making really creative signs ahead of time and giving them to the players who will hold them up when given the signal by Mike.
What Hayli will see is an exciting new way of being asked to prom. Although, not all Promposals are that elaborate but most are creative, fun, and prom date-worthy.
Prom is one of the biggest most memorable events that junior and senior girls dream about in high school. It’s that night where maybe the guy they’ve had their eye on all year-long will ask them to go?!
Receiving the question in a promposal way will make their fairytale evening that much more special.
Here are several ways to ask in a romantic Promposal way or suggestions for what to write on the sign.
1) Above your date’s locker put a creative “Will you go to Prom with me?” sign or a long creative one that will hang halfway down the hallway, much like a banner would.
As your potential date arrives at her locker either play a musical instrument or ask a band member to play a special song. Adding in flowers will make it extra special.
2) If you have been in a relationship or friends with your date for a while. You will probably have enough pictures to print out to make a collage.
An idea would be to cut out the word PROM from cardboard or poster board.
Add pictures to the letters but make sure not to cover up the lettering and it will still show Prom but with your pictures filled in to make it a Prom Collage.
Adorable Prom Ideas
3) Use these Flameless LED Tea light candles and Spell out, Prom? Put the tea lights candles in her room with a teddy bear or outside on the front porch for a romantic surprise when she arrives home.
Talk about lighting up the pathway for her decision!
4) Set up this Prom Column here inside your potential date’s classroom and remain standing next to it holding a dozen roses when he or she walks in.
Talk about really knocking her socks off with something she probably would never have thought about.
5) Use glow sticks that you can get for a $1 at the Dollar Tree! Light them up and write out Prom?
This is a really cute promposal and super cheap to do too! This one is cool because it really makes the notion of asking about Prom a bright idea!
6) This is a cute one… Order a pizza and write on top of the pizza with M&M’s or little tiny marshmallows the word PROM? Or, you can ask the pizza maker to spell out the same word in pepperoni or whatever her favorite topping may be.
When your date opens the pizza she will find a cheesy surprise waiting for her.
7) Pick bright-colored donuts (pinks, bright blue, and other bright colors) or order all dark chocolate donuts and use this icing color here to spell out PROM? on top of the donuts.
In addition, I would put a letter on each donut and then a question mark on the last donut.
In result, you will need at least a total of 5 donuts. Although you wouldn’t need a full dozen to make this happen if you did decide to go with the full 12 you could decorate the remaining with prom type pictures.
8) At school before your dream date goes to sit down at lunch. Figure out where they typically sit at lunch and spell out your question with french fries.
You will want to place it on top of the table in front of where they sit. This will make a cool food promposal because it will be unexpected, inexpensive, and fun.
9) Try these design cookies here or bake your own. Add a note that says, “You would be one SMART COOKIE to go with me to PROM?!”
Will you go to Prom Food Questions
10) Order take out for your date. Create a sign that says, “I would love to take you out to prom!
11) Ask your Promposal in a giant Fortune Cookie Personalized Surprise (You can order it right here on Amazon!). This idea is really cool in that this would completely unexpected and knock it out of the park.
12) Grab some nuggets from McDonald’s and write on the inside of the box I’d be one lucky nugget to have you go to Prom with me.
13) Another fantastic food promposal would be to use cupcakes.
With this one, you will want to put a word on different cupcakes.
For example for the saying, “Will you go to Prom with me?”
Put Will on one cupcake, you on another cupcake, and so on.
Furthermore, each cupcake will have a different word on it, yet will still spell out what you are trying to say.
14) These assorted alphabet candles would work perfectly on top of food! You could use them to spell out Prom?
Especially if their birthday fell pretty close to the time you wanted to ask her to the prom. You could put these on her cake light them and walk out to her singing the Happy Birthday song.
15) Spell out your Prom Promposal with letter ice cube trays that you can find here!
16) Write Prom? with his favorite drink. For example, if you like Dr. Pepper spell out the P with the pop cans and next to that the R, and so on.
Afterward, it’s a win-win since following seeing this he is sure to say yes as well as having plenty of his favorite beverage to drink.
17) Other food items that would be easy to spell out the big question with would be popcorn, pretzels, oranges, Oreos, candy bars, and a lot of stuff you could easily purchase from a vending machine at school.
Disney Promposals are very popular! There are Disney Promposals that are very flashy they are from the famous Cinderella castle at the Magic Kingdom itself!
I’ve also seen ideas such as sticking Balloons on the roof of someone’s house with a sign hanging down that says… Are you UP for Prom?
These magical promposals will sure make your prom date feel like they’re at the happiest place on earth!
Here are some popular Disney Promposal signs suggestions that are worth melting for!
18) A Whole New World That’s Where We’ll Be. If You Go To Prom With Me?
19) Hadley, you’re worth melting for don’t leave me, FROZEN Prom?
20) Every Beast Needs His Beauty Prom?
21) It’s not the happiest place on earth until you go to Prom with me!
22) Mickey Needs Minnie & Tigger Needs Pooh and I Need To Go To Prom With You!
23) Will you let me be your Aladdin and show you a Whole New World At Prom?
24) If you’ll be my Queen to Prom than I just can’t wait to be King!
25) Every Prince Needs His Princess! Will You Be Mine At Prom?
The conclusion to Cute Promposals at Prom
Promposal season is here! That means you’re going to start seeing a lot of high schoolers everywhere popping the question. Will you go to Prom with me?!
We hope these ideas will help inspire you to ask your dream date to the prom. Good luck and have fun!
• Budget-Friendly Birthday Traditions For Teens
• What To Write In A Mother’s Day Card
I had no idea that there were such a thing as a promposal. LOL. These are all really cute ideas. I’m sure it would be next to impossible to say “no” to any of these.
LOL, yes it is very popular, especially in our area. Thank you! 🙂
Catherine Short says
I love the glow stick idea!
Thank you! 🙂
I will say that it’s been decades (!) since prom was on my mind. We weren’t as fancy as this. Great ideas!
LOL, and thank you! 🙂
Cute ideas! We didn’t have this when I was a kid, but my oldest son might be needing some ideas in just a few short years.
Thank you! 🙂
Angela Amores says
These are some of the absolutely cute prom proposals!! These would make cute proposals as well.
Thanks, Angela!!! These would make adorable proposals too, I agree. 🙂
Ophelia T says
These promposal ideas are so cute. I love the Disney theme proposals. Thanks for sharing.
You’re very welcome! I’m glad it could help. Thanks for stopping in. 🙂
It’s been so long since I’ve been to Prom but these ideas are so cute.
Thank you! 🙂
Prompasals must be a new thing because I don’t them back in high school. Its a intereting and the food one seems like the one that’s more fun.
Thanks, Luci! Yes, it is getting more and more popular. The high school students in our area go crazy with them! 🙂
Esperanza Scotto says
These are all such cute ideas! I’ll show this to my sister, she would love these ideas! She’s going to prom soon 🙂
Thank you! 🙂 Yay, thanks for showing your sister. I hope they will be helpful.