Fundraising Raffle For A Chinese Auction Tips & Tricks
The best thing about a Chinese auction versus a raffle is that there are multiple baskets and prizes to choose from and with each prize, there is a bucket, bag, or jar to place your ticket in. The most popular names for a Chinese Auction include Basket Auction, Gift Auction, Brown Bag Auction, Pick-a-Prize, Penny (or Nickel, or Quarter) Social, Penny Sale, or Tricky Tray. These events are often held at a school, church, or local community center.
Chinese Auction Raffle Tips & Tricks
Are you going to a Chinese Auction? I thought it might be helpful to share some tips and tricks to help get you started.
• Set a budget!
• Plan to get there early because seats fill up quick!
• Take a Pen (If you like to be crazy and fun here are some interesting pens to take with you) #2 is my favorite!
• Depending on the Chinese Auction rules (each one is different) you will either receive a number to write on the back of all of your tickets or you will write your first and last name on the back of all of the tickets.
• Take a sandwich bag with you to put your tickets in! ←Really helpful! Thanks, Aunt Sandy & Aunt Tammy! 🙂
• Be sure to check the floor around the tables because sometimes prizes get missed when they put them on the floor.
• I like looking for prize cups that don’t have a ton of tickets inside. It’s a proven method for me that has helped me to win more prizes!
• Sometimes a 50/50 raffle is also held at a Chinese Auction
What Prizes Are At A Chinese Auction
At this particular Chinese Auction, there were over 200 baskets and prizes donated to help support a charity called Shop with a Cop. There were many themed baskets including children’s baskets from Disney’s movie Frozen and Finding Dory. Also included in this auction were Christmas themed baskets, Storage Baskets, baskets donated by local Artists and businesses such as crafts, chocolates, a cheese basket, and restaurant baskets. The most popular items at a Chinese Auction would be the gift card prizes. I also love the creative lottery and money baskets too.
What I Like About A Chinese Auction
This Chinese Auction was a lot of fun and I’m sure they made a lot of money to help with a great fundraiser. If you have never been to a Chinese auction I highly recommend it. I would call your Aunts, your mom, your friends, and get a huge group together. It is always a lot of fun cheering each other on and anticipating your name or number to be called for all of the awesome prizes.
At this particular Chinese Auction, I won a gift certificate for an oil change and tire rotation from a local dealer. My husband was pretty happy! 🙂 What will you win at your next auction?
P.S. Lastly if you are wanting to donate something to a Chinese Auction and like buying your items online… I highly recommend going through EBATES. If you sign up RIGHT NOW through my link here EBATES will send you $10 gift card. Hello, FREE items or gifts!!! ?
JOIN THE NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.