Discover Chinese auction tips & tricks that you will want to know before your next fundraiser! Chinese auctions are usually held for a cause, and supporters come out and bid on baskets for a chance to raise money for that particular cause.
Fundraising Raffle For A Chinese Auction Tips & Tricks
The best thing about a Chinese auction versus a raffle is that there are multiple baskets and prizes to choose from, and with each prize, there is a bucket, bag, or jar to place your ticket in. The most popular names for a Chinese Auction include Basket Auction, Gift Auction, Brown Bag Auction, Pick-a-Prize, Penny (or Nickel, or Quarter) Social, Penny Sale, or Tricky Tray. These events are often held at a school, church, or local community center.
Chinese Auction Raffle Tips & Tricks
Are you going to a Chinese Auction? I thought it might be helpful to share some tips and tricks to help get you started.
• Set a budget!
• Plan to get there early because seats fill up quick!
• Take a Pen (If you like to be crazy and fun, here are some interesting pens to take with you) #2 is my favorite!
• Depending on the Chinese Auction rules (each one is different), you will either receive a number to write on the back of all of your tickets or write your first and last name on the back of all of the tickets.
• Take a sandwich bag with you to put your tickets in! ←Really helpful! Thanks, Aunt Sandy & Aunt Tammy! 🙂
• Be sure to check the floor around the tables because sometimes prizes get missed when they put them on the floor.
• I like looking for prize cups that don’t have a ton of tickets inside. It’s a proven method for me that has helped me to win more prizes!
• Sometimes a 50/50 raffle is also held at a Chinese Auction
What Prizes Are At A Chinese Auction
At this particular Chinese Auction, over 200 baskets and prizes were donated to help support a charity called Shop with a Cop. There were many themed baskets, including children’s baskets from Disney’s movie Frozen and Finding Dory. Also included in this auction were Christmas-themed baskets, Storage Baskets, baskets donated by local artists and businesses such as crafts, chocolates, a cheese basket, and restaurant baskets. Of course, the most popular items at a Chinese Auction would be the gift card prizes. I also love the creative lottery and money baskets too.
What I Like About A Chinese Auction
This Chinese Auction was a lot of fun, and I’m sure they made a lot of money to help with a great fundraiser. Suppose you have never been to a Chinese auction. I highly recommend it.
I would call your Aunts, your mom, your friends and get a huge group together. It is always a lot of fun cheering each other on and anticipating your name or number to be called for all of the awesome prizes.
At this Chinese Auction, I won a gift certificate for an oil change and tire rotation from a local dealer. My husband was pretty happy! 🙂 What will you win at your next auction?
Find out how we made a birthday party into a winning auction here!