On the occasion of Father’s Day! Let your father know how much you love him with a beautiful card. The things to write in a father’s day card are unique and meaningful, expressing gratitude for all the love, care, and sacrifices he has made for his children and yourself.
There is no better way to honor dad on this special day than with a one-of-a-kind Father’s Day card. Whether it’s written on the front, back, inside, on the envelope, a note, or a message, a greeting card is handmade, homemade, or store-bought, there are so many options. Even better if you are the creator and sender.
You can use this useful guide to figure out what to write in a father’s day card!
Ideas on how to write a Father’s Day card – Messages for Dad
Are you trying to come up with something to say in a Father’s Day card? We have several ways to write Dad your special, funny, or perfect Father’s Day message, no matter what you want to give, send, or text him.
How to Write a Card for Dad – 5 Easy Tips
For father’s day, we have inspirational ideas of what to put in a card from a daughter or son, what to put in a card for a husband, or even what to write in a card for grandfather.
Which Father’s Day message should you write? These inspirational Father’s Day sayings and funny Father’s Day quotes will make dad’s big day a memorable one.
Please note that the authors of the quotes are unknown unless otherwise stated.
Take a look at these five simple tips:
#1 – Inspirational Messages to Dad
Here are some tips to help you write a card with inspiration.
- Thank Dad for everything he has done for you.
- If you have kids, you know how to relate. You might like to recollect a time when your dad was put to the test on your behalf when you were a kid.
- Be sure to appreciate him as a grandparent if you have children.
- Write down reasons why he’s amazing.
- Get your kids to color and give a Father’s Day card to dad or granddad as a present.
#2 – For Dad: Text Messages
If you need some short and sweet text message ideas to text him, here are a 15 examples.
- Happy Father’s Day Dad!
- You Are The Best!
- Out of All the Dads in the World, I’m SO GLAD YOU ARE MINE.
- Thank you, Dad, for everything that you have done and keep doing for me.
- It takes a big heart to hold a little hand.
- Dad…. You’re the best! Thanks for all you do. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- Wishing you a very special fathers day. Thank you for always being there for me!
- I’m so grateful for you. Happy Father’s Day!
- You are the best Dad in the world.
- I’m so glad that God gave me a father like you.
- Everything I am, you helped me to be.
- You are always my Father but you will forever be my friend.
- I’m so blessed to have such an amazing dad like you.
- Stay Cool, Dad.
#3 – The Card Reads: Greetings and Note
Greeting card message ideas and a note to put in the card.
- Daddy, you’re my favorite SUPERHERO!
- Any Man can be a father! It takes someone special to be a DAD.
- Dear Dad, You add love to everything you do. Thank you for being there for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dear Dad, Thank you for encouraging me and supporting me. Thank you for never giving up on me. I love you.
- Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, I want you to feel loved and appreciated not just on Father’s Day, but every day.
- Happy Father’s Day!
- I love you.
- To the world, you are a Father, but to your family, you are the world.
- Dad, you are the strength that always helps me to fight me against all odds in my life. I love you so much.
- Every dad is special, but trust me there is no other dad who can be compared to your qualities and abilities. On this special day, I want to thank you and wish you a Happy Father’s Day!
- You are the most special person in my life. I love you from the deepest core of my heart. Have a wonderful, Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day from your little monster.
#4 – Funny Father’s Day Quotes
A great addition to your father’s day gift. You can also write your own personal message on the inside of the card. Make the card funny by joking about something dad would like. You might also like these other witty card ideas. Whether you’re a kid, a teen, an adult, or anyone else, you can have fun sharing it with Dad.
- Dad, I know it’s hard for you on Father’s Day…to hide the fact that I’m your favorite.
- Great Job Dad! I turned out AWESOME.
- You Were Right… There, I Said It. Happy Father’s Day!
- I must say…You sure do make good-looking babies. Happy Father’s Day Dad!
- Thanks for putting up with me all these years. Only a father could do what you do.
- Dad… without you I wouldn’t be here and that would suck!
- Happy Father’s Day! From Your Greatest Achievement.
- Dear Dad, Thanks for not feeding me to a shark or selling me to the circus. I know it was a real possibility. Happy Father’s Day!
#5 – Inspirational Father’s Day Quotes
Searching for inspirational father’s day quotes? Find ideas for father’s day quotes from daughter, father’s day quotes from wife, and father’s day quotes from son.
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” – Author Unknown
- “There is no teacher equal to mother and there’s nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father.” – Amit Ray
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” – Gloria Naylor
- “‘Have fun’ is my message. Be silly. You’re allowed to be silly. There’s nothing wrong with it.” – Jimmy Fallon
- My dad is the greatest man I have ever known and I am so proud to call him mine.
- Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life.
- My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.
- “A Father holds his daughter’s hand for a short time but he holds her heart forever.” -Author Unknown
- My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be. – Cher Lloyd
- “Dad is, and always will be, my living, breathing superhero.” – Bindi Irwin
With these heartfelt and sometimes even emotional messages for cards, we hope you can show dad how much you love him. We hope that this article will give you ideas on how to write the perfect father’s day card. See what the almanac has to say about Father’s Day and discover why it is celebrated. Here are the cutest kid-friendly craft ideas for daddy!
If you write cards, do you write long or short messages? I would love to hear about your best tips for writing a card in the comment section below.