13 Ways To Travel Easier With Kids
Check out these 13 Hacks that will make life easier while traveling with kids. These tips and ideas will be great for an airplane ride, road trip, or just being on the go. Remember planning ahead can really pay off, both for peace of mind and a time management standpoint.
1. Put in your purse stickers, small toys, candy, coloring sheets (check # 5 for free printable sheets) you can throw them away after. 😉
2. Also, to keep your child busy have them decorate an empty cup the flight attendants hand out for water/drink. This will help keep them entertained.
3. PRINT YOUR BOARDING PASSES AT HOME
Not only will this save you time in line but it will save your sanity. The kids won’t be driving you crazy in a long line.
4. KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Make sure to check with the TSA prohibited items list on what you can bring as far as formula, snacks, and drinks. Go here for the link for the Transportation Security Administration Prohibited Items.
5. Free Printable Activity Sheets
6. Word Building Activity Kit
This Travel Kit idea was put together by iheartcraftythings and it looks really easy to make. All you need is a metal pencil box, jumbo craft sticks, permanent markers, the magnetic letters (you can usually find these at the dollar store) and magnetic tape. What a fantastic idea to use on your next trip! 🙂
7. TOTES ADORBS FOR EVERY FINGER
How cute are these finger puppets? What a fun way to entertain the kids while traveling and super easy to pack! These could fit in a pocket. 🙂
8. DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING
This is important! Most people would say it’s common sense but you and I both know when it comes to traveling with kids often times you’re worried about all of the things they need and forget your own. Make a list or you will be headed ONE WAY and that’s back home. Don’t miss your flight for not double checking everything. 😉
9. Baby Ear Plane Remedy
The best remedy to use for ear popping while traveling with a baby is to give them something to suck on such as a bottle or a pacifier. A fun pacifier that is attached to a small stuffed animal is a WubbaNub Infant Pacifier? These are THE BEST pacifier’s out there to use traveling or not. 😉 I, 100% love these pacifiers and I wouldn’t recommend it to you if I didn’t believe that these pacifiers really help. My daughter’s favorite WubbaNub Pacifier was this Giraffe.
10. Toddler/Child Ear Plane Remedy
Geber Yogurt Melts
11. KIDS TABLET
A great way to entertain the kids while traveling is to bring a tablet. My kids have each owned their own Fire Kids Edition Tablet for the past couple of years. This is a great way to entertain the kids while traveling. Plus if you get a Fire Kids Edition tablet you get…
• Amazon’s 2-year guarantee (My son’s tablet stopped working after 6 months and Amazon sent us a brand new one.)
• You can access tons of kid-friendly books, movies, and educational apps.
• Choose from blue, green, or pink.
FOR THE FIRE KIDS EDITION TABLET
Hello… extra help! I’m not suggesting you scare your child 😉 but if your child is acting up kicking the back of the seat, being disruptive, causing a scene. This could be a helpful tip to let them know that Sky-police are watching and they will not allow children that don’t behave themselves to fly.
13. Quiet Books
Here are a few suggestions that you may like to use for your trip…