15 of the BEST Teacher Tested Appreciation Gift Ideas
What to give for Teacher's Appreciation day is on a lot of parents minds the first week of May. Let me share with you 15 of the BEST Teacher Tested Appreciation Gift ideas that we've used, heard from teacher friends, or that I have received myself as a preschool teacher. These ideas are provided to inspire inspiration for your child's teacher for this special week.
When is Teacher's Appreciation Week?
Monday, May 1, 2017 through Friday, May 5, 2017
What is Teacher's Appreciation Week?
It is a way to show gratitude and appreciation for your child's teacher for their hard work and dedication. I also like to include all of the teacher's that put hard work into helping my children. For an example, the Art Teacher, Gym Teacher, Librarian, Music Teacher, and any other teachers that have had a helping hand in helping my child.
15 of the BEST Teacher Tested Appreciation Gift Ideas
- Flowers! Teacher's love flowers! Plus the flowers look beautiful on their desk all week-long! You could add a sweet card that says, “Thank you for helping me grow this year!” If you are looking for flower ideas for your teacher you may want to check out http://www.inspireandmake.com/TeacherFlowers. 🙂
- Treats! When I was a preschool teacher and my kids brought me treats I would love it. A nice cookie spread or a half-dozen freshly baked cookies can do just the trick to make your child's teacher's day. If you are looking for Cookie Basket ideas check out http://www.inspireandmake.com/CookieBasket.
- Summer Relaxation Kit: You could add items in the relaxation kit such as; sun glasses, beach towel, flip-flops, sun screen, magazine or a book, and put it all in a basket or tote. The Teachers will love it!
- Red Basket: A themed red basket with all red items inside. Items could include things like apples, red juice, apple candles, apple hand soap, or apple flavored candy.
- Ornament! I still have the ornament one of my students gave me in 2001. We put it up each year on our Christmas tree. I still think about that day and how much the ornament meant to me. Here are a couple ornament ideas for your child's teacher… Apple Teacher Ornament and this beautiful Butterfly Wishes Teacher Ornament.
- Fortune Cookies: You could create a cute little gift basket with fortune cookies and a gift certificate to a local Chinese restaurant and add the note “We have been so very FORTUNATE to have you as our teacher!” P.S. I love Cricut the BEST for making decorative tags!
- Creative Picture! A Drawing from your child. If you don't have the available funds to do something, it's okay. 🙂 I always loved receiving pictures from my students and my teacher friend Jossie, told me that “she gets them all the time and she loves it!” ♥
- Sports Fan Teacher! Over the years my children have had a couple of Sports lovin' teachers. A great sports gift idea would be a coffee mug you can find a great example here TeacherSportsMugs. Another great idea for a sports fan teacher is with the NFL Draft coming up getting them a t-shirt of their favorite team and that you can find here NFLDraftShirts.
- Movie Tickets: I received this as a gift for Teacher Appreciation Day and I loved it! My husband and I got to enjoy the night out and relax. 🙂
- Mason Jar DIY: Create a fun mason jar full of candy, treats, or add a food recipe, and then create a tag that says, “Thanks for being an UH-MASON teacher!”
- Canvas on Demand! I am a huge fan of the company Canvas on Demand. When my husband was deployed for our Anniversary they gave my husband the opportunity to send me a free-surprise canvas. It was VERY sweet and totally made my day. Since then, I have been a repeat customer with this company and love their work! While the preschool teacher was at our house meeting our kids (prior to school starting) she kept complimenting me on all of the canvas that I had and loved them. This became a GREAT idea for their teacher for Teacher's Appreciation Day. Here you can find out more about this great company Canvas On Demand. This company offers a lot of products, for example, coffee mugs, photo prints, key chains, home decor, and more.
- Redbox Code Free Printable Teacher Gift! One of my favorite gift ideas for the teachers in the past is to add a Redbox code to a decorative Tag. Then, applied it to a package of un-popped popcorn with a bow. Not only were we able to do this gift budget friendly. It was a HUGE hit with all of the teachers and they loved it! To get a free printable Teacher Appreciation Gift tag go here.
- Toe-Tally Awesome: A cute idea to use for this Teacher's Appreciation Day is to pick three nail polish colors (summer colors are great because they're bright and fun) you could add them to a small clear bag with a bow or a small basket add a decorative tag that says, “Thanks for being a TOE-TALLY awesome Teacher!” Again, I can't say this enough I love Cricut the BEST for making decorative tags!
- Coca Cola Glow Basket: My daughter's teacher last year loved Coca Cola. Whenever the kids in the class would ask her want she wanted for Christmas or another holiday she would tell them a coke. My daughter's teacher had a fun personality so we bought her a glow cup, with a bottle of coke and wrapped it in clear Cellophane added some chocolate and ribbon. It was a hit. The Teacher loved it! 🙂
- Gift Card! #1 BEST Teacher Tested Appreciation Gift Ideas are gift cards. You can find all sorts of gift cards whether you need them emailed, printed, or sent. You can find all types of Gift Cards here. 🙂 Don't forget to: